Corporate and commercial lawyer (Brisbane or Canberra)
Moulis Legal is seeking applications from corporate and commercial lawyers with an interest in joining a leading boutique practice. Our corporate and commercial lawyers work closely with a range of innovative clients ranging from start-ups to government and listed companies.
You will value excellence and strong relationships; and have an open mind, willing to consider new or different ways of achieving success for your clients and our business as a whole.
Moulis Legal is a leading, progressive modern legal business handling commercial and international matters. Our specialist expertise includes international trade and related areas of law that support and protect entities that excel in the trade and commercialisation of products and ideas. This includes administrative law, intellectual property, corporate law, commercial law, commercial property and commercial litigation. Our offices are located in Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne. Our clients are spread throughout the world.
We are a legal services business (not a traditional law firm) known for delivering a positive work experience and doing things a little differently. Our culture is important to us. Our clients are important to us. Our team is important to us.
You will provide expert advice and services to Moulis Legal’s corporate and commercial clients. Reporting directly to our Partner Director, the role includes drafting or advising on wide range of corporate agreements including shareholder agreements, joint ventures and related teaming arrangements together with commercial agreements, including ICT master service agreements, distribution agreements and various forms of licences. You will also advise clients on obligations under relevant legislation including the Corporations Act, Competition and Consumer Act and regulated industry specific laws.
Intellectual property law experience would be viewed favourably, as our team regularly assists clients with the protection and commercialisation of their intellectual property rights. This role would also work closely with our international trade lawyers on relevant matters.
We are looking for a lawyer with:
- two to five years post admission experience
- demonstrated experience drafting and advising on a range of corporate and commercial agreements
- intellectual property law experience will be viewed favourably
- a demonstrated passion for the law together with excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- demonstrated client knowledge and empathy
- a client focused outlook and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
- an ambition to take the next step in your career with the opportunity for active involvement in the growth and development of our corporate and commercial practices nationally
You will be working with driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of a law firm that is dedicated to our collegiate work environment. If you join Moulis Legal, you are joining an internationally-recognised team that focuses on excellence, relationships and our culture of collaboration and innovation.
Benefits at Moulis Legal
Moulis Legal has been recognised for its positive and comprehensive approach to supporting women’s and men’s equal participation in our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to support your professional development and wellbeing including:
- Flexible work arrangements and a positive, encouraging work environment
- Modern and contemporary offices (Canberra and Brisbane have sporting facilities available)
- Health benefits such as vaccinations, weekly personal training, fruit box delivery and support for sporting events
- Comprehensive leadership development and opportunity for career progression
- Paid parental leave
- Paid study leave
Please email a copy of your resume together with a covering letter which outlines your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are not accepting any agency applications at this time.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Moulis Legal does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Moulis Legal will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Moulis Legal explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Moulis Legal.