Professional finance assistant (based in Canberra)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic finance assistant with professional services experience to join our team. You will be a self-starter and have a positive and pro-active approach to engaging in finance activities and supporting our lawyers together with a professional manner and strong communication skills. This is a full time position with broad scope and would suit someone who is happy to assist where needed and work with changing priorities.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Moulis Legal is a leading, progressive modern legal business handling commercial and international matters. We support and protect entities that excel in the business, trade and commercialisation of products and ideas. Our areas of practice include administrative and government law, corporate law, commercial law, commercial property, dispute resolution, intellectual property and trade law. Our offices are located in Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Our clients are spread throughout the world.
We are not a traditional law firm. Rather, we are a legal services business known for delivering a positive client and work experience and doing things a little differently. Our culture is important to us. Our clients are important to us. Our team is important to us.
Reporting to our finance manager, the role is based in Canberra and is primarily responsible for delivering a high standard of financial support and service to the various stakeholders within the organisation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the accounts payable ledger and preparing the fortnightly supplier and staff expense payment run
- Responsibility for actioning lawyer billing instructions and preparing client invoices
- Preparing month-end journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Updating weekly cash flow forecasts and submitting weekly performance reports to our CEO
- Assisting with the administration and management of client files within the company’s document management system
- Assisting the finance manager prepare audit files and workpapers for external examinations and audits
Please note this is not a pathway role into the legal profession but is intended for someone pursuing a finance career.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant qualifications and previous experience in a junior finance assistant role
- Demonstrated experience in financial operations such as ledger bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintenance of a general ledger
- Experience in customer service, ideally in a professional services environment
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- Highly diligent with a high degree of organisation and attention to detail
- A client-focused outlook and a desire to contribute to a collaborative environment
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Proficiency in the use of the MS office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
You will be working with driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of a law firm that is dedicated to our collegiate work environment. If you join Moulis Legal, you are joining an internationally-recognised team that focuses on excellence, relationships and our culture of collaboration and innovation.
Benefits at Moulis Legal
Moulis Legal has been recognised for its positive and comprehensive approach to supporting women’s and men’s equal participation in our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to support your professional development and wellbeing including:
- Flexible work arrangements and a positive, encouraging work environment
- Modern and contemporary offices (Canberra and Brisbane have sporting facilities available)
- Health benefits such as vaccinations, weekly personal training, fruit box delivery and support for sporting events
- Comprehensive leadership development and opportunity for career progression
- Paid parental leave
- Paid study leave
Please email a copy of your resume together with a covering letter which outlines your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are not currently accepting any agency applications.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Moulis Legal does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Moulis Legal will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Moulis Legal explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Moulis Legal.