Patent attorney – ICT and engineering
Moulis Legal has an exciting opportunity for a patent attorney with an interest in joining a leading boutique intellectual property practice. You will value excellence and strong relationships; and have an open mind, willing to consider new or different ways of achieving success for your clients and our business as a whole.
We are a leading, progressive modern legal business handling commercial and international matters. Our specialist expertise includes international trade and related areas of law that support and protect entities that excel in the trade and commercialisation of products and ideas. This includes administrative law, intellectual property, corporate law, commercial law, commercial property and commercial litigation. Our offices are located in Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne. Our clients are spread throughout the world.
Reporting directly to our Partner Director, this role provides expert advice in relation to patentability and freedom to operate. You will prepare, file and prosecute Australian and PCT patent applications; and manage a number of patent portfolios, including conducting watching services. You will conduct patent opposition proceedings, assist our lawyers with litigation and work closely with the Moulis Legal intellectual property lawyers and trade marks attorney in relation to the commercialisation of client innovations.
We are looking for a patent attorney with:
- three or more years of experience as a registered patent attorney, with qualifications in either computer science or engineering
- a demonstrated passion for intellectual property together with excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- excellent commercial acumen and relationship building skills
- a desire and ability to grow both your own practice and the broader business
- a client focused outlook and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
This position does not require that you be a qualified trade marks attorney and/or lawyer, although such additional qualifications will be considered favourably.
You will be working with driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative and proud to be part of a law firm that is dedicated to our collegiate work environment. If you join Moulis Legal, you are joining an internationally-recognised team that focuses on excellence, relationships and our culture of collaboration and innovation.
Benefits at Moulis Legal
Moulis Legal has been recognised for its positive and comprehensive approach to supporting women’s and men’s equal participation in our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to support your professional development and wellbeing including:
- Flexible work arrangements and a positive, encouraging work environment
- Modern and contemporary offices (Canberra and Brisbane have sporting facilities available)
- Health benefits such as vaccinations, weekly personal training, fruit box delivery and support for sporting events
- Comprehensive leadership development and opportunity for career progression
- Paid parental leave
- Paid study leave
Please email a copy of your resume together with a covering letter which outlines your interest to email@example.com
Please note, we are not accepting any agency applications at this time
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Moulis Legal does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Moulis Legal will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Moulis Legal explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Moulis Legal.