Senior litigator – dispute resolution
Moulis Legal is a high-end boutique commercial and international firm with offices in Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne. We have a strong brand and reputation both nationally and internationally and are recognised for being innovative and for having a strong collaborative culture. We offer an attractive alternative to large mid or top-tier practices, and focus on international trade, corporate/commercial, IP and dispute resolution.
Our clients include Australian national corporations, government bodies, SMES and a range of well-known international entities. We are currently looking for a senior litigator to take a leading role in managing our dispute resolution capabilities. The position in based in our Brisbane office.
This role will see you working collaboratively with our existing dispute resolution team and other practice areas within the firm. You will be involved in a varied workload including contractual disputes, intellectual property litigation matters, and competition and regulatory matters across multiple jurisdictions in state Courts and in the Federal Court.
To be considered, you will have:
- eight or more years post admission experience as a commercial litigator in a well-regarded Australian or international law firm
- experience with matters across various state jurisdictions
- experience with matters in the Federal Court
- excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- superior negotiation and communication skills
- proven ability to lead teams and conduct matters without supervision
- excellent business development skills and a desire to grow your own practice
- a client focused outlook and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
Benefits at Moulis Legal
Moulis Legal has been recognised for its positive and comprehensive approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation in our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to support your professional development and wellbeing including:
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, and part-time options
- Modern and contemporary offices with sporting facilities available
- Health benefits such as vaccinations and weekly personal training
- Paid parental leave
- Paid study leave
- Comprehensive leadership development
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking to take the next step in their career.
Please email a copy of your resume together with a short cover letter which outlines why you would be suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Suzanne Moulis on 02 6163 1000 or 07 3367 6900 for a confidential discussion.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Moulis Legal does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Moulis Legal will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Moulis Legal explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Moulis Legal.