journey. It certainly made me learn to both
practice and enjoy law.
- Studied at Shanghai Maritime University, The Australian National University
- Joined Moulis Legal April 2011
- Enjoys food, travel, art
- Name: Charles Zhan
- Title: Senior associate
- Expertise: International Trade
What makes Moulis Legal a great place to work?
Moulis Legal has been like a home to me, it’s the place I’ve spent the longest during my career and there’s a lot of emotional attachment. Not only because I have seen it grow as an organisation – it’s been the founding stone of my own development – but also because it has been a joyful journey. It certainly made me learn to both practice and enjoy law.
It offers exciting opportunities to do some pretty cool stuff, both in the international and commercial sphere.
How is Moulis Legal different to other law firms you’ve
For me, I think it’s a very supportive environment. There is also a clear drive for excellence and being competitive, whilst being nice about it.
What draws people to work at Moulis Legal?
The cool things that we do? Everyone has their own take on what attracts them to a workplace. I think Moulis Legal’s ability to be nimble, boutique and friendly yet with a great professional reputation are the biggest attraction.
be nimble, boutique and
How would you describe our culture?
I think, through conversation with other lawyers, that Moulis Legal’s very collegial, friendly, and trusting culture as a firm is also quite unique in comparison to many other firms big or small.
ARTICLES BY CHARLES ZHAN
- Government body calls time on aluminum dumping arm-wrestle
- Moulis Legal’s Charles Zhan addresses top EU trade officials
- ChAFTA and what it means for Canberra
- Aggressive anti-dumping protection – the dark side of Australia’s FTA romance
- Australia has a new leader – will ChAFTA continue to be supported?